Noah and I were recently entered into an involuntary, drastic, unnecessary, and particularly uncomfortable diet program. Thankfully, we've both come out the other side, lighter, a bit stir-crazy, and glad to have our first stomach bug behind us. A few things we learned from the experience?
- Sick Baby => Sick Mommy => Busy Daddy
- Breast milk doesn't pass the bug to a baby, but touching the baby does -- even if he's already had the bug. (Yeah - learned that one the hard way.)
- Problem: Milk makes nausea worse. Noah is nauseous. Noah only drinks milk. Solution: Pedialyte, which looks an awful lot like sugar-water but costs significantly more, especially since I bought the name brand (I couldn't bring myself to economize when Noah was so uncomfortable. I just don't trust flavored generics. Have you ever tried fake Nyquil?).
- Projectile vomiting is not hyperbole. In fact, it's quite aptly named. But now I actually understand it (dare I say I'm thankful for it?) because I saw how it helped Noah avoid choking.
- When I'm nauseous, I want to be horizontal, still, and untouched. Not Noah. He wants to be held and walked. Needless to say, I saw one too many reruns of Will & Grace over the weekend.
- Healthy Baby = Happy Mommy. It was sooo good to see Noah's smiling face this morning! I'm just praying that between God's grace and hand sanitizer, we can keep it smiling as long as possible.
I'm glad to hear everyone's feeling better!
ReplyDelete