Thursday, October 16, 2008

Going Vertical

Monday, Noah was crawling or kneeling. He was not pulling up to standing or climbing anything (stairs, furniture, wheely-things, etc).

Tuesday, we found him on the staircase.

Wednesday, he started cruising, then climbing into a rocker, then manuevering onto a sofa.

Thursday, he was climbing onto wheely-things.

This afternoon, we're working on getting back down. Interestingly, I think Noah is as eager for these lessons as I am. I've heard friends say they have to watch their toddlers like a hawk because their kids "have no fear." Well, Noah doesn't look scared, but he is very cautious. He doesn't fling himself head-first into anything, let alone down stairs or over the edge of the bed. Which is one reason I'm appreciating that he's just now climbing - now that he's old enough to know something about falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventures in a Pandemic

Our area shut down one year ago, and it's best I didn't know how long it would last. Friends from Kansas were visiting and heard the...