Monday, January 18, 2010

Talking Things Through

Noah is at such a precious age where he's discovering the world, piecing things together, and talking to us about them. I usually record these conversations on Facebook, but I've excerpted some here... (in reverse order)

Jan 18 at 12noon: I told Noah that God made him. Noah: "Where is he?" Me: "He's everywhere. You can talk to him anytime." Noah: "He made me build a boat. Where is it?"

Jan 7 at 10:37am: Noah has just figured out how to whisper and it's adorable. Who knew that was a skill?

Dec 12 at 4:16pm: I have a T-Rex who just woke up from a nap and is happily roaring in his crib upstairs.

Dec 7 at 3:49pm: I was trying to explain to Noah that Daniel is his "cousin" but Noah just corrected me: "Daniel not a cousin, Daniel a boy!" Well, good enough for now.

Nov 25 at 4:48pm: Waiting at the pharmacy for Aaron's meds and Noah keeps asking to "See farmer?" (or "pharmer"?)

Nov 18 at 8:28pm: I was putting Noah to bed when the heat kicked on. Noah: What's that? Me: Hot air that comes in thru the vents in your ceiling (pointing). Noah perking up considerably: Hot air!? Hot air balloon!? I think he's still looking for a balloon to float into his room from the vent.

Nov 13 at 11:12am: Trimming our bushes, every time I gave Noah a clipping to put in the trash, he said "tank u."

Nov 12 at 11:18am: Noah just saw a little girl playing with a doll and asked what it was. I told him and then asked if he wanted to play with it? He turned back to me and said, No I want a truck!

Nov 3 at 5:14pm: Thought Noah said he was cooking "dirt." I should have known - he meant "dessert."

Oct 11 at 12:07pm: I should not have answered honestly when Noah asked what was on the windshield; now he's happily chatting about "bird poopoo."

Oct 8 at 12:41pm: Driving, just started to rain. Noah keeps telling me to "clean up rain" (use windshield wipers).

Oct 1 at 7:06pm: Whoa! Noah just counted to 10!! (skipping 4 each time, but who's counting...) Where did he learn to do that? I was in such shock, I asked him to do it again. Then he even said it to Daddy on the phone (a minor miracle of its own since he usually just stares at the phone). I underestimate that kid.

Oct 1 at 12:14pm: I have two GPS in my van - the garmon and the 2-yr-old. Amazing how the latter knows we have to go "this way" to get to the park, grocery, or McD's.

Sept 27 at 5:59pm: I love hearing Noah say "Daddy pay?" (play) and seeing him hand Josh a truck. Also loves that "Daddy pays."

Sept 18 at 8am: Noah asked me if "Trucks eat food?" so I told him they "drink gas." His response: "Trucks drink water?" Don't I wish!

Aug 13 at 9:05pm: At dinner tonight, Noah pointed to himself (for clarification apparently) and said, "Noah drive trash truck." And lest you think he doesn't understand, he's on a first-name basis with our trash truck driver (Sam).

Aug 6 at 5:06pm: I was reading "Beauty and the Beast" to Noah when he informed me that Beauty's father drives a dump truck, and the Beast serves Beauty peanut butter & jelly, oatmeal, and apples. He also insists that the prince is a lady. Actually, he does look kind-of...

July 17 at 8:19pm: Noah just told me his soup is "juicy." Yes, I suppose it is.

June 17 at 11:01pm: I was looking at animal pictures with Noah. We started pointing out all their tails. Then he looked at me, put his hands on his rear end, and said, "Tail?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventures in a Pandemic

Our area shut down one year ago, and it's best I didn't know how long it would last. Friends from Kansas were visiting and heard the...