Monday, January 9, 2012

Excuses

I have gotten woefully behind on this blog over the past month, so I thought it was time for a little revealing self-justification...

Top 3 Reasons I've Neglected My Blog

1. Work. In case you didn't know, I ghostwrite copy for publishers - small projects like jacket copy, magazine articles, blog posts, and study guides -- about 10 hours/week. I get to read great books, write creatively, and get a paycheck - and all from my comfy seat at our local coffee shop. I LOVE it. But it does eat into personal writing time - especially during the end-of-the-year publishing blitz.

2. Christmas. Hardly requires explanation. Teacher gifts. Coworker gifts. Family gifts. Cards. Cookies. Parties. Programs. All I can say is thank goodness for Amazon Prime, Costco, and family. They saved me from drowning in "Christmas spirit."

3. Baby. I'm sleepy, nauseous, hungry, heartburned, ridiculously unmotivated, and deliriously happy. Yep, we're pregnant! 11 weeks so far (due July 30). Josh and I have hoped and prayed and planned for this baby, so we are very thankful it is making me slightly miserable. Noah is already telling me I need to get some books about babies (apparently I have a lot to learn), and as we were driving around town the other day, Josh said out-of-the-blue, "I'm so excited we're going to have another child." Me, too, babe. Me, too.


9 comments:

  1. Aw, Congratulations! How exciting! Am I remembering correctly that this baby will match up closely with Aaron's birthday? What nice planning to have all the clothing match up in size and season. :) I got so behind on our blog my first trimester too! HAH! Too funny your boys spacing is matching up to about the same as mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan - Yes! Good memory! Aaron is 7/28 and Noah is 8/20 so we'll have 3 bdays in 3 weeks. It is fun to go through it together. :)

      Delete
  2. Carolyn - Congratulations to you and Josh! Such exciting news! We send you our best in 2012! Take care, Clare Michels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clare - How fun to hear from you! We got your Christmas card, and it looks like you've been busy, too! Congratulations. God bless your family.

      Delete
  3. I've been wondering if this was on the horizon someday soon :-) Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's also why we haven't been going out as much for the last couple months... ;)

      Delete
  4. Hey Carolyn! Congratulations! I saw your comment on my blog - thanks for thinking of me! The truth is, my blog is behind for some of the same reasons as yours :) We are expecting in July too - and we are expecting TWO. We recently found out that we have IDENTICAL TWINS on the way! Due July 17. I also returned to work full-time. That is a long unfortunate story that I would be happy to email you about. If I am being truthful, probably the main reason I stopped with the blog is the big issues in our life I could not figure out how to share on the internet. But, I will probably get back to the blog soon! Can't wait to hear more about your new year :) Praying for you starting in 30 minutes... :) Wish I could hear you speak. I know it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CONGRATULATIONS! Wow. Two. Wow. Glad I know that you are a very strong woman with a strong God behind you! :) I would love to chat over a cup of tea, but granted the impossibility of that right now, an email or phone call would be precious if you have the chance. My schedule is pretty flexible, but no pressure. I'm sure you're busy right now. And thank you for your prayers. It went well this morning, and I was more amazed than I should have been how God used it. Now, I just have to do it again next Tuesday! :)
      Loving you from afar,
      Carolyn

      Delete

Adventures in a Pandemic

Our area shut down one year ago, and it's best I didn't know how long it would last. Friends from Kansas were visiting and heard the...