Tuesday, December 2, 2014

ACK, The Second 1/2

Wondering where we are? See ACK, The First 1/2.

After the dark and brooding storms of the day before, Thanksgiving morning dawned cool, clear, and gorgeous. Taking advantage of a houseful of babysitters, Josh and I went for a walk to the ocean with my aunt and cousin. If I hadn't known it was MA, I would have said we were on the British moors - brown rolling hills with wind-swept scrub brush and a cool breeze.

This may be the moment to say that when it comes to climate, I am a (New) Englander through-and-through. It was a joy to my soul to be back in the NE. If we didn't love Nashville so much, I would not put up with all its humidity and overdone sunshine. Will I ever give up hoping for more snow? No, I don't think so.

But back to ACK... When we were packing for the trip, Josh convinced me to bring my sneakers so "you can go outside and play football." #delusional But I'll admit he was right to bring them -- for our walk to the beach. He was also right that some members of our family would want to go out and play football...


And after football, it was back to the beach with the big boys and my parents...


Finally, it was time to get ready for THE BIG DINNER. Aaron had been asking for weeks, "Is it Thanksgiving? Today? Now?" Yes, dear. Now!
And did the dinner deliver. Oy.


Stuffed, we all went to bed for a few last hours of rest. Then it was out the door to try for the ferry. This time, we rolled right on at 6am...

Our detour on the way back was a stop in Concord, where my parents lived while I was in college. The boys were very impressed with its snow, so we let them have a snowball fight in the town square:

And snacked on the best teacakes this side of the Atlantic:
Last, the airport, which is its own little party really. #lollipops #reading #laptops #airplanes #trucks #BurgerKing #buses #beverageservice #fun Even after all these years, the excitement of air travel hasn't completely worn off, and I love seeing it afresh in my kids.

Though it pales in comparison to their excitement over the next month: Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventures in a Pandemic

Our area shut down one year ago, and it's best I didn't know how long it would last. Friends from Kansas were visiting and heard the...