Two months ago, I thought "milestones" were crawling, walking, and talking. Child development specialists talked about things like "motor skills," but I never guessed that
I could notice weekly--let alone daily--progress in Noah's development.
I'm so glad to be wrong. It's
incredible the itsy steps that gradually turn a newborn into a baby. For example, a few of the latest details we've noticed in Noah from weeks 7-9:
1. I Feel Good About My Neck -- Ever thought how tired your neck gets holding your head up? Me neither, until we instituted "tummy time" at the urging of our pediatrician. It's about 10 minutes/day devoted to proving the he can lift his head off the floor. Not sure Dr. Hain really meant for us to get down there with him, but maybe Daddy needs some tummy time, too?
2. I Just Can't Take It Anymore -- A dazed expression, red eyes, and yawns have lately been joined by another universal sign of fatigue: rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand.
3. Mine! -- Ok, so maybe he doesn't completely understand the nuances of property ownership, but he has started grabbing things with his little fists -- blankets and my hair seem to be the favorites of late. Good thing my fabulous new earrings aren't dangles.
4. Gum, Here I Come -- I don't even know how to blow bubbles, but somehow he manages to produce enough on his lips that I wondered for a moment if he was foaming at the mouth. Thank God, it seems he was just having a little too much fun drooling.
More tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment