
I've been planning for and dreading potty training pretty much since Noah started pooping. Grandma introduced the potty last August and we would periodically create some interest in it over the year. But I figured we'd really dive in this summer, just before his 3rd birthday. As it turned out, Uncle Dave jumpstarted the process by delivering some new red underwear, along with two potty-trained cousins to talk it up. Noah was suddenly enthusiastic, so 11 days ago we took the plunge...and it's gone surprisingly well! We're not "there" yet, but he's done amazing and is so proud to be wearing big-boy underwear. My little man.

Likewise, I've been planning to wean Aaron at one year since he first started nursing, but a few weeks ago, Aaron went on strike
and for the first time ever started chugging milk out of a sippy cup. It was a total, instant breakthrough -- one Mommy may not have been fully prepared for, but still welcome. Now anyone can feed him - including himself. He's a new man!
Sometimes it really feels like they're growing up overnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment