The very next day, I got the shock of my life: I was pregnant. I promptly forgot everything else I was going to say.
But after 4 kids, I've discovered that when my baby turns 2, my brain comes back. Or maybe it's my energy? The intensity of pregnancy, birth, infancy, nursing, etc. finally gives way to a more reasonable state of being. The newly-minted 2-year-old can walk and (almost) talk and has a spot reserved at preschool.
Frankly, this is the point when I tend to get a little bored. I have LOTS of chores to do. But it must be my brain that comes back, because suddenly I'm looking for more...intellectual rigor. (This is also when I've usually decided I'm ready for another kid. NOT this time!)
One glance at my blog post inventory (bottom right) will show you that I've had a recent surge. It could be too much caffeine, but I think it's more likely this restlessness finding an outlet. And it feels so good to be writing -- even more, to be synthesizing my thoughts -- again.
It is a luxury to have the time and mental space to form rational opinions, to have epiphanies about home decor or research and report back on women in the church. I know that now. When I have been shellshocked from a diagnosis or consumed with caring for a newborn, I haven't been organizing tips for travel.
So who knows how long this little streak will last? Probably until we get a dog. Or some other shoe drops. But for now, prepare yourself.
This little blog just reaches people I know, so I'm gonna say some things, share what I've been learning, and see how it sounds, what you think. Don't worry, I don't think I've figured it all out. I've just remembered that it's better to say it out loud and find out if I'm wrong. #truthovercomfort
Please jump in anytime -- comment below or on Facebook, reply via email, by text, or in person. I LOVE feedback. Especially if it's gentle.
No comments:
Post a Comment